equalizent - Schulungs- und Beratungs GmbH
Obere Augartenstraße 20, 1020 Wien, Austria
equalizent is a qualification center in the field of adult education with a long standing expertise in Deafness, Sign Language and Diversity Management. equalizent is a place of learning, of lived bilingualism, diversity, and freedom from barriers: Austrian Sign Language and spoken German are our company languages. We stand for the inclusion of people regardless of their origins or background, age, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. We create freedom from barriers through consulting by affected people for affected people, architectural measures and technical aids that support communication. Our work empowers people so that they can contribute to society actively and on their own terms. Furthermore, we aim to shape public opinion in society and politics and to contribute to the acceptance of real diversity.
Our target groups:
- people who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- people with various disabilities
- companies and individuals interested in Sign Language and Diversity Management
- Our training courses support the inclusion of people who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing and people with other disabilities into the labor market. Hearing people are also welcome to learn Austrian Sign Language in our courses. We support companies through consulting and products for Diversity Management.
Assist Net is a training and consultancy consortium with a major focus on learners with special needs, including Deaf people. Assist Net staff includes certified Sign Language interpreters in both Bulgarian and International Sign Language (ISL). Assist Net has experience with Special Educational Needs (SEN) learners and Deaf in particular, which will help bring its expertise into the project.
The organisation is based in Sofia, Bulgaria, but works in cooperation with partners throughout the whole country and abroad, through its International Advisory Board.
Assist Net is a member of ENIL – The European Network for Intergenerational Learning and cooperates with the European Association for the Education of Adults (EAEA).
Activities of Assist Net together with the Deaf:
- development of the Bulgarian version of the Eurosigns DVD (European Sign Languages for the Deaf) for vocational purposes
- co-developer of the European Language Portfolio for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (16+) and for the European language Passport for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing under the EU LLP KA2 Deaf Port project in line with CEFR and the CoE
- co-developer with the University of Sofia and School for the Deaf of Sofia of bilingual education and training materials for children (Sign Language books, teaching concept, and teaching materials) under the Comenius project signlanguage@school
- hearing and speech rehabilitation of cochlear-implanted (CI) children and adults, including articulation and lip-reading;
- sign bilingual education for Deaf and Hard of Hearing people
- teaching foreign languages to Deaf and Hard of Hearing people
- teaching Bulgarian as a written language to Deaf and Hard of Hearing peop
The Kindersite team have been involved in, and initiated, 30 large-scale European projects, many of which are in involved in using creativity in education. They have particular expertise in leading EU project dissemination campaigns and contributing too many other areas of the projects, especially were efficient communications are required.
Racio, druzba za razvoj cloveskega kapitala, d.o.o
Kersnikova ulica 19, 3000 Celje, Slovenia
Racio is a Slovenian company for development of human resources and offers a wide range of research, counselling and educational services, intended to raise competitive advantage of individuals as well as of organisations and regions. Racio is specialised in rehabilitation of Deaf and Hard of Hearing people. It was the first institution in Slovenia to start – in collaboration with the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Clubs Association of Slovenia and co-financing of the Employment Service of Slovenia – with experimental adjustment of the active employment policy programmes, which had by that time been inaccessible to Deaf and Hard of Hearing people because of communicational barriers.
- Counselling for young people in their career development
- Provider of active employment policy programmes
- Provider of employment rehabilitation of persons with disabilities
- Counselling for human resource management in SMEs (voucher system)
- Education and training of the staff management and expert staff in companies employing the disabled and other companies